Friday, February 12, 2010

SNOW DAY!


Not only did is SNOW today, it down poured. Normally when there is a "Snow" day in Dallas and schools are closed and stores are delayed being opened, I spend the day running errands around town. The "Snow" does not stick and the day usually ends up being beautiful and kind of a waste to have had to have cancelled work. Well, not today. I was at a training about 20 minutes away and as we sat in the room watching the snow pouring down, we counted the seconds until they dismissed us. Finally, around 1:00 the presenter said, "It looks like we have bad weather outside...." Ya think? It took me a good 30 minutes to get out of the parking lot. The Floridian in me came through. It was not until a nice lady, who said she grew up in the north, came to my rescue. I couldn't even get my windshield wipers to work (which actually broke that day, but that is another story). So, driving not over 10 miles per hour home, I finally arrived to safety. This picture is from the next day... our real "Snow" day in Dallas!

No comments: