Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Two Months Old and First Day of Daycare!



What a great day! Keaton had her first day of daycare today. We were up at 5:30 a.m. (after sleeping for 9 hours... yeah!). She was so excited to wear her Juicy outfit for the first time that her uncle Taylor and Shelby got her. Nathan and I dropped her off at 7:30 a.m. and she was all smiles. She is starting to smile responsively, which is really exciting for us. Mommy headed to the gym for her first "real" workout in two months and it felt great. I was a little concerned because Keaton is a little irregular and hasn't pooped in about 3 days. I had a feeling one was coming. Well, it did and all over the place 2 times!!! Nathan went to check on her at 11:00 and he took her out to lunch at the Galleria... this is when the first explosion happened. When I picked her up at 4:00 she was in an outfit that I had never seen (it belonged to the daycare). I asked why she was wearing that and they said that she had 2 huge explosions that leaked out of her diaper and she also spit up so bad in another outfit. She wore 4 outfits at her first day of daycare... talk about high maintenance. Luckily, they washed all of them for me at her daycare and even got all the yellow poop stains out, which was great for me. After I picked her up, we headed to the doctor for her 2 month check up. Keaton absolutely loves her doctor, Dr. Denison. She coos at him and kicks her left leg really fast when he talks to her. She is exactly 10 pounds and 23 inches. She is in the 25% for weight, 75% for height, and 50% for head size. She had 3 shots and one oral medicine today and she is right on track for everything developmentally. Tomorrow, mom heads to work for the first day... Pictures are Nathan giving Keaton a bath, which is one of her favorite times of the day, and her first day of school.

No comments: